ADVERTISEMENT

What did we learn the past 4 years about GOP policy priorities?

hill6

All-American
Feb 10, 2017
I'm not talking about their sycophancy or anything along those lines. I'm talking about the 'principles' that were so important in attacking Clinton and Obama that they simply ignored under Trump (this also goes with their followers).

1. In the end, they really don't care about the deficit or the budget. Trump destroyed the deficit and increased the budget and very, very, very few Republicans said anything;
  2. Personal morals is of basically no importance to them. They attacked Clinton for being a womanizer, then defended Trump at every turn;
  3. The ends justify the means (this goes towards the courts);
  4. Respecting and honoring allies and international agreements isn't really a priority;
  5. It's okay to talk to dictators and despots (something they blasted Obama for hinting he'd do);
  6. In the end, they really don't give a shit about respecting the military (see Trump's many terrible comments that they refused to call out);
  7. Democracy is only to be respected when it advantages them;
  8. Executive overreach only matters when Ds use it (Obama was viewed as wanna be dictator, Trump simply a strong leader);
  9. Using the DOJ as a personal attorney is okay (they blasted Clinton for a 5 minute convo, but were silent about the many Barr actions);
  10. International nations meddling in domestic affairs is okay.
Others? I'll be interested to see how long it takes them to suddenly find these 'principles' again under Biden (my guess: it'll start this year).

It'll be fun to see all the Trump supporters on here who vehemently defended Trump's actions on these and how suddenly they'll care about them under Biden.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News