ADVERTISEMENT

Violent

hawkdoctor

Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Jul 2, 2002
I've always watched defensive kids' film and been skeptical of their ability to be successful on a P5 level when they don't punish kids. LBs that simply pull down kids vs drive through them for example concern me. Safeties that just run kids out to the side and end up in a lot of pile ups and rack up tackle numbers don't excite me.

This class has one of the better collections I can recall since McClinton, Rivera, Talib, Mortensen, Baines, Ashley, and Harris. Those guys were looking to punish people before coming to KU. Film showed them playing very violent.

From this year, the LBs might not catch your eye a lot but all of them spend a fair amount of time playing up on the LOS. They push around some much larger kids and still get their chops in.

The boys up front, Bryant/Taylor/Caldwell, are highly disruptive and toss a lot of guys around. Caldwell's leverage is great. Once he gets more upper body strength, he might be the best of this class from the front 7 guys.

JaCobee Bryant at corner and Jaylin Richardson at safety could be a very pain producing group in the secondary. They are explosive when they attack a ball carrier or receiver with very quick twitch.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News