ADVERTISEMENT

Use of personnel: Neal AND Hishaw

KU_JHawks

Freshman
Gold Member
Feb 4, 2004
When healthy, Hishaw is a stud and complements Neal’s style. Seems to me it would make a lot more sense to have him and Neal on the field at the same time rather than the two and three TE sets we keep rolling out, especially when one of those TEs was recently playing at Fort Hays St. If memory serves, I’m pretty sure I remember a lot of sets with both when they were both healthy and AK had the keys. Seems that would stress the defense quite a bit not knowing if Hishaw is coming at them up the gut or if we’re going wide with option or Neal. We could be getting Neal in motion as a decoy or to get him the ball in space in the passing game. Seems to me that would get our best players on the field and create a lot more options the defense would have to account for.

On defense, I think we were all worried about generating a pass rush and the readiness of Warner/Brinkley/Jobe. I was hopeful Borland could perhaps evolve a bit and create a sub package in passing situations that might allow our better athletes to bounce around and blitz similar to how Young used Brandon Perkins back in the day. Maybe get an DT off the field and slide Robinson inside. Instead, Warner is being asked to play with his hand down and clearly isn’t ready to be handling every down duties against the run. Just no creativity to put athletes in good situations to go after the QB. And it’s killing us in obvious passing situations as seen on the last two drives yesterday.

Reactions: rocchalk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.