ADVERTISEMENT

News and Notes Updates from Les Miles Hawk Talk OU week

JK

Hall of Fame
Staff
May 29, 2001
Overland Park
Hanni talking about 67 underclassmen on the roster and all of the young players who are making plays

Miles said the game was closer against ISU than what the score showed (which I just said on our podcast coming Thurs morning) so since I said it before Les that makes him look smart

22 true freshmen played against ISU according to Miles

Miles said the original tests on the OL that were positive were false negative.

Miles talking up Adams-Reed and he did update his weight to 380. Hanni with a good one asking if he's been hanging out at Johnnys.

Miles is talking about an improvement on special teams (which by the way I called out on the podcast) so Les is following my lead

Again he talked about the smile that Jalon Daniels always plays with.

Miles said Daniels has not missed a practice.

He said Grimm has good ball skills and very competitive and expects to be a player.

Miles said Ezra Naylor has developed a lot and will get more snaps, and talked about Golightly and his potential. Miles said McBride has the speed and all the WR work hard together.

Gardner and Hishaw will be good players. Both played QB in HS.

Since week one Miles was asked who has progressed the most between defense and offense and he said the defense.

Miles said they always felt like Nick Channel would be a player. Said Dru Prox needed to go home and and be with family. Said he has a son back home and something with his younger brother.

Said Terry and Harris are figuring it out. Both are big and athletic.

Miles likes Bryce Cabeldue is 6-5, 300 pounds right now and mobile. Will lift and grows and could be an All-American type.

On the transfers Hanni talked about this could be a scary era with players leaving. Miles said you have to have a good relationship with players to keep them away from the portal.

Said Kenny Logan is about the team and is selfless.

A question from the audience asked about running up the middle a lot. Miles answer morphed into something about running RPO and using extra backs.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News