Weekly Recruiting Thread ***Updated Nov 6th 11:34 a.m.***

JK

Hall of Fame
Staff
May 29, 2001
Overland Park
This thread will be updated throughout the week with any new updates

Updated 11/6 11:34 a.m.

Stephan Robinson corner from NEO told me he is setting up his official next week with KU. He said he will visit Tennessee on Thanksgiving weekend. He said KU is still near the top of his lists.

Quick thoughts: If there was ever a recruit KU needs in this class he's the guy. Kid can really run and cover. Plus he's a 4X3 player and can be in a program for spring football. Personally I think the kid could blow up. I said this a few weeks and now Tennessee is on him. I think more will get on him.

-------

Updated 11/6 10:47 a.m.

I have heard the staff is starting to look at walk on candidates earlier and will be more aggressive than last year.

They reached out last night and offered a walk on spot to Reed Klubnik a WR in Austin, Tex.

-------

Updated 11/4 9:32 p.m.

I just spoke with Jawon Hamilton a RB from South Dade in Florida. I think Mitchell went down to see him play. KU offered today.

Hamilton said he just got off the phone with Beaty and Mitchell and will set up an official visit for January. He is committed to FIU but is open to KU. Here is his highlight film

I'm not sure what the deal is but that kid's film really good. He's 5-foot-10, 185 but plays bigger than that.

-------

Updated 11/3 10:02 p.m.

Kenny Perry has offered WR Jay Griffin from Huntsville, Texas. Griffin is currently committed to Utah but I think there is a feeling KU can get in the hunt.

Perry and Zach Yenser have a good relationship with the coach at Huntsville

------

Updated 11/3 8:59 p.m.

The Jayhawks have offered Jo-El Shaw a big, physical back from Woodland Hills in Pittsburgh. Reggie Mitchell offered him.

-------

The staff has offered a new defensive tackle DeeIsaac Davis out of Highland Community College. He is originally from the Wichita area. Last year he was a first team all conference DT for Eastern Arizona. The Jayhawks offered last night. He goes about 6-foot-3, 295 pounds. He's got a quick burst and shows good athleticism film link

Two weeks ago KU DL coach Calvin Thibodeaux was scouting the Highland/Hutch game.

I reached out to a few recruits with offers at the OU game and haven't heard back from Davion Tyler or Chester Graves. Kyle Mayberry had car troubles and couldn't attend.

I am tracking a couple more names that I think may be new offers this week.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News