ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Update Update: Mon., Jan. 2- 9:35 a.m.

JK

Hall of Fame
Staff
May 29, 2001
Overland Park
The staff didn't get much of a Christmas break and the day they got back I heard they were already watching film on portal players and transfers.

I know one name they are already looking at is Jordan Anderson, who just went in the portal from Bowling Green. I believe they already started evaluating him. Now, the question will be how hot does he get and can the staff get in on him.

For instance I know they have made communication with Jireh Wilson a DB from East Carolina but from all indications he doesn't seem to have KU very high on his list.

Another player who is in the same category is Daniel Grzesiak. The DE from Utah State told me he is looking to fit a KU visit in if he can, but there might not be room. He said he was in the process of setting up visits to USC and Cincinnati.

There are going to be a lot of players the staff evaluates and goes after. The hard part is determining who will be interested in KU and who isn't.

Some scoop from last night Chris Keys a DB from Indiana told me he will visit this weekend. He also has an offer from Mississippi State. He played in nine games this season with two starts. He will join Spencer Lovell an OL from Cal on campus. Right now those are the two known visitors.

There are two visitors for Jan. 13 lined up in Isaiah Paul and Charles Yates. Paul is a LB from Incarnate Word. Yates, a WR from Pierce CC, said he will visit Arizona first. Right now it feels like a two-team race for Yates.

The next two weekends are going to be big in determining the mid-year transfers. They are going to have to make quick decisions and be on campus the following week.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News