ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Update UPDATE: January 12th

JK

Hall of Fame
Staff
May 29, 2001
Overland Park
Toyous Avery told me this weekend he is still on track to visit the 22nd. Once again I am not putting anything in the database on him since he is committed to Colorado State. But he will visit and if he does I think KU has to be at the top to risk something that late.

Evan Fairs, WR from Houston decommitted from Maryland and said he will visit on Jan. 22. He confirmed that last night. I thought maybe he was a Jason Phillips recruit but Thibodeaux has been on him.

Josh Bailey a DT from Florida text me yesterday and said he is no longer visiting. He gave me no reason why. Just the tone of the exchange made me believe KU might have backed off him.

An interesting twist Jo-El Shaw a big running back from Penn. said KU is now back in the mix and he might visit on Jan. 29. Jawon Hamilton is still saying as of last night he is visiting the 29th.

Julian Chandler, a DB from Houston, and currently committed to La Tech is still on the table for Jan. 22. He is keeping everything under wraps and I understand that. If something were to go wrong with KU he doesn't want to lose the spot he has with Tech.

Isaiah Bean said he will visit the 29th. I think he is a back-up plan for Bledsoe but he's a very good player. The interest on him has been picking up quite a bit.

Kansas backed off Mike Daniels. There is word running around people are worried about some of the classes with Globe Tech where he goes to school. I think his film might be the best of any juco corner in the country. But if there are concerns KU can't wait. They can't afford to take a player that might have some risks. I have wondered why he doesn't have more offers. His film is good enough he could start at a lot of places.

I expect KU now to focus on a high school corner.

I think the trail is going colder for Isaiah Simmons. I heard from good sources he would be interested in KU is Bledsoe picked the Jayhawks. That doesn't mean Bledsoe won't but until that happens (or if it does) it is a longer shot.

When the coaches get back on the road next week I also expect them to focus on walk-on prospects. My firm number for the 2016 class is 15. I think that's how many they will announce on signing day. That doesn't count Ayinde and Durley who will report next week. They signed in 2015 but got pushed back to this class. You can't sign an LOI twice.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News