ADVERTISEMENT

Tyler Wilson reminds me of Brett Favre

esuStorm4Hawks

Hall of Fame
Gold Member
May 1, 2007
Crazy right? But I see alot of similarities between the two.

First there is the physical similarities - Wilson is 6' 3" around 220 lbs and Favre was 6' 2" 220 lbs

Take a look at their respective stats in college:

Favre stats
Wilson stats

Obviously Wilson's are better, but my point was to point out what made Favre into Favre - he was a gunslinger

You see some similarities in their on the field performance - Here is some clips of Wilson playing for his life against LSU when they were down big and had their ears pinned back and rushed Wilson every time

What I take from that is Wilson is one tough dude. He slings it all over the field and takes some nasty hits, but keeps getting up

But the big seeling point to me is Wilson's character. Check out this interview

Wilson is a competitor - has a similar perosnality to Favre imo. Wilson isn't a QB in the mold of a prototypical QB like an Andrew Luck. But he is a guy that takes his leadership role seriously, which KC seriously needs. Every game he will come out slinging the ball around the field and not be afraid to get in the face of his teammates if they arent performing

Now it would be risky taking Wilson with a top 5 pick, no doubt about that. And I understand Arky isn't doing the greatest right now, but they are in an absolute dumpster fire of a situation so I find it impressive they are 4 - 5 given they play in the SEC. But this is a relatively deep draft at certain positions and their really isn't an instact impact no brainer pick out there. So I think it is worth the risk - you draft Wilson and you finally get yourself a leader - not some wannabe leader like Cassel

I just dont see it with Barkley (aka Lance Harbor) or Geno Smith (aka Brandon Weeden). I am intrigued by EJ Manuel and to an extent Mike Glennon. But I dont think any of those guys would fit into KC and be able to lead the team from day onbe like Wilson could...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News