ADVERTISEMENT

Off Topic TV people need help optimimizing my TV

Hawk_fever2

Freshman
Gold Member
Feb 27, 2013
Idiot settings help needed. I have a 65 inch Samsung LED UHD. Its about 3 years old. I forget the letter number but its not the base model 4K but the next step up right below there OLED model, maybe the N series? I thought K sounded right but when I searched for it, it looks like the N. That may be tied to year and not the series of TV.

In any event, Ive always been happy with its peformance. Colors are wonderful. I was told motion blur was an issue with Samsung but its pretty rare to be honest. The problem is in low lighting situations the TV can look muddy at times??? Just not good picture and lots of blur when theres a ton of blackness on the screen. What am I doing wrong with my settings and how do I need to improve this? It appears to be bad across all platforms (Netflix, blu Ray, Prime, youtube, etc) but I think its worst when im watching Directv to be honest. Any tips on how to improve performance in low level settings without sacrificing performance?

I thought Samsungs were supposed to perform great in low lighting situations and this certainly isnt the case.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News