ADVERTISEMENT

TUESDAY TRANSFER PORTAL THOUGHTS AND MORE

shay

Senior Writer
Staff
May 29, 2001
Olathe, Kansas
kansas.rivals.com
-- If any of you are worried about the status of KU's roster, don't be. If it was any coach outside of Bill Self and a few others, I would understand. However, the best coach in college basketball is going to make some big additions via the portal in the near future. I've known Self long enough and have covered this team long enough to know that he's going to make some big moves. Guys continue to hit the portal on a daily basis and there is a ton of talent to be had for sure. I'd be shocked if Kansas doesn't land a couple of big fish from the portal.

-- I continue to hear that Hunter Dickinson is going through the process of deciding what schools to visit and when. I know that Kansas, with Bill Self leading the way, has invested a ton of time recruiting the elite big man. They conducted a Zoom call last week and the coaching staff absolutely wants to get him on campus for a visit. I've got to believe that a visit will take place, and when that happens, the staff is going to roll out the red carpet for Dickinson. From what I've been told, it sounds like Kansas and Maryland are the two schools mentioned most with Dickinson. I'm still working to gather additional information.

--- Kansas conducted a call with Harrison Ingram yesterday and, from everything I've been told, the staff is very interested. I was told the call was led by Bill Self and the coaching staff would love to get him on campus for a visit. I've reached out to Harrison and hope to have some additional information in the future, but as I reported yesterday, a call took place and I'm under the impression that the staff would like to get him on campus for a visit.

-- Unless something changes last minute, Nick Timberlake is going to visit UCONN this weekend. He had a great visit to Kansas and I'm sure the coaching staff pushed for a commitment, but that obviously didn't take place. Kansas has a high amount of interest in Timberlake and see him as the type of player that has the ability to come in and make an impact. However, as guys continue to hit the portal, the staff will continue to monitor each and every entry and won't wait around, in my opinion, if they find a player they really like that is ready to commit.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News