ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Update Tuesday recruiting update- 3:20 p.m.

JK

Hall of Fame
Staff
May 29, 2001
Overland Park
Wanted to come in and post some things I am hearing. I can tell you following the players in the portal is like nothing I have ever seen.

These things change by the hour because of the nature of new schools coming in on so many players.

There are a couple players in the portal who recently went in I believe the staff has been in contact with.

One is DaeDae Hill from Central Michigan. He has been a starter for CMU and is starting to hear from a lot of schools. The word on the street is Florida Atlantic may be he leader because he wants to stay close to home. Willie Taggart is from the Palmetto area so there is a connection. I think the chances are 50/50 that Hill could visit KU.

There has been contact with Marvin Hill who entered the portal from Purdue. He knows Rich Miller, Kalon Gervin and Cornell Wheeler. They have been talking to him. Hill is getting a lot of play with several schools right now. I think there is a good chance he could visit KU.

The feel with people close to Kaine Williams is he is focused right now on KU and Nebraska. One thing Nebraska has going is Mickey Joseph who is doing the recruiting and he has several ties to Louisiana where Williams is from. The Jayhawks are very much in the picture.

Westmoreland DE from Hutch said he still plans to visit KU this weekend.

There are some more players I am chasing I hope to update in the next 12-24 hours. There could be 3-4 more players in line to visit.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News