ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Update Tuesday Recruiting Update- 12:35 p.m.

JK

Hall of Fame
Staff
May 29, 2001
Overland Park
Duece Mayberry tweeted he will be signing at his high in the 1:00-hour and that's great news. I said last night he was one of the players that was in flux but it looks like they got the job done.

-------------------

I also want this clear to remember there are two signing days. I have talked a lot over the last week about some recruits who could wait until the next signing period. But I think it is important to use the first signing day to focus on the guys who are going to sign and lay the foundation early.

There will be a lot of twists and turns in the next 24 hours. The ranking of the KU class will not be finally determined until the late signing period as some of the top guys on the commitment list may not go early.

But I still expect most or all of them to sign in the second period.

-------------------

Just minutes before I wrote this update I spoke with Johnquai Lewis. He told me he will not announce any decision until Wednesday. However I have just made a forecast on his profile page to KU.

He hasn't taken any other visits. He privately told me he could take more when I talked to him on Sunday. And that was some concern if it drug out. But he will sign tomorrow and that changes the complexion of his recruiting.

--------------------

Late last week I would have given the chances to sign Josh Remetich at 80/20 in favor of KU. Right now I stand at 50/50. I think the official visit to Tulane is making him think.

He would be a great signing day addition but things are getting tight heading into Wednesday.

---------------------

The players I think the staff will recruit through January are:

Brennon Scott
Kenean Caldwell
Chris Jones
Jacobee Bryant
Davonshai Harden

These players are still staying on the KU commitment list and have told me they are committed. I also think there could be situations where the staff will wait to see how academics could shake out with certain players.

----------------------

I still have zero information on Khari Coleman. We may not know until signing day where he is going. Nothing has come from his end and I also believe the coaches recruiting him at different schools are still waiting to hear.

-----------------------

I want to circle back around and talk about how I started this update. Just because a player doesn't sign early means KU is out.

There is still a very good chance many of those recruits end up at KU.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News