ADVERTISEMENT

Top 25 Head Coaches

TexasJayhawk87

Ring of Honor
Gold Member
Dec 15, 2009
Per The Athletic.

10. Lance Leipold, Kansas (2022: No. 23): I was struggling to find someone for the No. 10 spot. After writing up five or six coaches, I started working on Leipold’s capsule and realized this is the guy. He’s been a miracle worker in Lawrence. Last year the Jayhawks went to their first bowl game since 2008 and cranked the Top 25 for the first time in 13 years. They went 6-7 — the program hadn’t won more than three games in a dozen years. They won three Big 12 games in 2022. That’s as many as the school had won in the six years combined before Leipold came to town. Uh-may-zing. Before that, Leipold won six Division III titles at Wisconsin-Whitewater and was a two-time MAC coach of the year at Buffalo, where he was 24-10 in his final three seasons and got the Bulls into the Top 25.

It’s hard to believe we pulled this off…a top 10 head coach at Kansas! After where we were…

Edit to add: three spots ahead of the HC down the road LOL. LOL because it’ll drive some of them insane, I know, it’s a short trip.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News