ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Update Thursday morning update- posted 10:24 a.m.

JK

Hall of Fame
Staff
May 29, 2001
Overland Park
UPDATE- 10:24 a.m.

Leo had a final he has to take on Friday. He was trying to get it moved early but is not getting that to happen. It will likely cost him a visit to KU.

He was going to do Thursday to Friday afternoon and then go to Norman.

------------------------------

Okay there have been three developments I have been tracking.

Let's start with juco DE Willie McCaleb from NW Mississippi Junior College. The feel I have had all along is McCaleb would end up at Troy. There is some pressure from people for him to go to Troy including some on his juco team's staff.

But I give KU credit they kept staying on him. So McCaleb set up a Thurs-Friday visit to Kansas and will leave and go right to Troy. This year he had 16 TFL and 10 sacks.

McCaleb left late last night and arrived in town. He will not technically start his visit until this morning.

Guyton expected to arrive in Lawrence today

The Jayhawks have been on Jalen Guyton from Trinity Valley CC for a few weeks. It was recently known he would get his AA degree and be able to leave at semester. So the WR is a 4x3 prospect and mid year.

He originally signed with Notre Dame. He is from Allen, Tex. and there are some ties to Beaty and Perry. But the inside word is West Virginia could hold a slight lead over the Jayhawks and others.

Guyton is doing something I haven't much. He is going to cram four visits in before the dead period and he signs. He will visit Kansas, West Virginia, Bowling Green, and Marshall.

Word is Joe DeForest found the info he could get out and Beaty has been involved with the recruiting.

Chance Leo could still visit

Matt Leo doesn't do interviews but has communicated with me that Kansas is still in the mix for a visit. If it happens it will have to happen late. It might even develop today. He will also visit Oklahoma.

I have talked about Leo before here on the boards. He is a rugby player getting better and better at football. He is a monster of an athlete for a defensive end.

This will be a waiting game to see if he makes the visit and I will keep everyone posted.

To see the size of Leo here is a photo of him and former KU and current OU coach Calvin Thibodeaux. Remember Tibs is every bit 6-2/6-3

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News