ADVERTISEMENT

This is the type winter I remember.

JayStew

All-American
Gold Member
Apr 3, 2007
Wichita, KS
I am tired of arguing this crap with anyone whose life spans between 1990 and now. Please!. I am not going to debate anyone concerning "Climate Change", "Global Warming" anymore. I know there are several conservatives on this website who have questioned me about man's footprint on the ecology and climate as well, but gee whiz, this is too much.

I am not using the current cold snap as empirical evidence, but I sure as hell can use my own experience as a window into what the hell is happening. I have been alive for 47 years. I have experienced the winters of the 70's and the summers between 1996 and 2010. My experience tells me that 2013 was much like 1980. I use 1980 as an example because I spent considerable time in the Midwest during the summer of 1980 as well as the winter of that same year.

I can remember other years as well. I do not remember the government or the media telling my parents or me, that the current weather was our fault. I do remember in the mid-70's some entity telling us if we didn't diminish pollution we would experience another Ice Age. Subsequently the seasons became more mild, which insinuated our sacrifices and innovations were successful, only to be told we are now creating "global warming" and the multitude began to question their very existence.

I am getting tire of this bullshit. I know enough biology, physics, and chemistry to know these people are wackos. You would have to thorough understanding of the "Principles of Thermal Dynamics" to the most infinite point, to know the impact mankind has on the weather. As my thirteen year old expressed to me five days ago, he said, "The only impact I can see mankind has made on the planet is the introduction of all the concrete and asphalt mankind has introduced to the planet". This is the most intelligible answer any human being has ever addressed to me.

Has mankind totally lost the ability to think on their own, or has our lives resulted in politicians, organizations who need our taxpayer dollars to remain solvent and significant, as well as businessmen who are willing to cash in on our fears to obtain their fortunes, to become self thinking individual? I am sorry, but I was always taught hypothesis were to be tested in order to become theories. If we cannot have a legitimate debate regarding the current weather pattern without being labeled "flat earthers"., then what is the purpose of free thinking and scientific rationale?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News