ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Update The latest from the portal: Some info coming in May 1st (7:15 pm update)

JK

Hall of Fame
Staff
May 29, 2001
Overland Park
Evening update: I believe Bai Jobes visit is starting tonight.

------
Give the KU staff some credit for keeping things down, especially with the transfer portal not closing until yesterday. The one thing you don't want to do sometimes is scare off current players. I have heard from coaches at other schools they try to do visits after the portal closes.

But in one case it looks like the KU coaching staff was able to keep info out of the public with the visit of Amir Herring. The transfer offensive lineman from Michigan made a visit to Kansas over the weekend from what I am hearing. He is the cousin of KU QB Isaiah Marshall.

Herring was a four-star recruit and a Rivals 250 member coming out of West Bloomfield High School. I don't have details of the visit but am starting to get the feel the Jayhawks have moved in front of Wisconsin, who was thought to be the other top school on his list.

Chris Simpson has been involved in his recruiting. He recruited him out of high school and KU offered.

--------------

I think the staff is involved with a couple defensive end targets but the one that seems to be target is Bai Jobe. He is expected to start an official visit on Thursday and then will see Mississippi State.

I have heard there are more schools trying to get involved, but KU got an early start on him. He has been described by those who watched him play at Michigan State as very raw but a lot of upside.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News