Recruiting Update SYDNEY CURRY

shay

Senior Writer
Staff
May 29, 2001
Olathe, Kansas
kansas.rivals.com
Hey all,

I just talked to Sydney Curry, the 6-foot-8, 265-pound power forward from John A. Logan C.C. in Carterville, Ill. Originally from Fort Wayne, Ind., Curry, in 31 games last season, averaged 13.5 points and 8.3 rebounds per game for John A. Logan C.C. Offensively, Curry shot 73.9 percent from the field and 44.0 percent from the free-throw line. Coming off an impressive showing as a freshman, Curry has established himself as one of the top junior college players in the 2021 class. Kansas, Texas A&M, Ole Miss, and Seton Hall are just a few of the programs that have extended scholarship offers to the talented big man.

During my conversation with Curry, he made it very clear that Kansas is, without question, very high on his list. He said that he's been talking to Coach Howard and Coach Self and the plan is to schedule a virtual visit in the near future. Because of the coronavirus (COVID-19), Curry doesn't expect to take any on campus visits, so the virtual visits he does take will be extremely important when it comes to making a final decision. Curry spoke very highly of Coach Howard and Coach Self and said he's always enjoys his talks with both of them.

I asked Curry what other schools, if any at all, are currently on the same level as Kansas? After a few seconds, he did mention Texas A&M as a school that he also likes. I'm not sure if it matters or not, but it took him a few seconds to answer and that, for whatever reason, is something that caught my attention. No virtual visits have been scheduled at this time, and Curry said he'd keep me updated on the latest happenings when it comes to his recruitment.

I know several of you have been asking about Sydney Curry, so this is the latest.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News