ADVERTISEMENT

News and Notes Statement from Zenger on Beaty's comments

JK

Hall of Fame
Staff
May 29, 2001
Overland Park
This morning on the Big 12 call Beaty was asked a question how he feels about the future. Here is what Beaty said:

"We still have a lot of young guys here, a lot of young guys that we’re still in the process. Our A.D. has certainly understood that and still understands it. He’s been incredibly supportive as well as our chancellor. From our standpoint, we feel great about that. There’s absolutely no indication of anything different. That was the plan all along, that it’s a process, not an event.”

This evening KU athletics director Sheahon Zenger followed up Beaty's comments in a statement:

"When we hired David we knew it was going to be a long process considering the roster numbers we were dealing with at that time. Now we are living through that process, and I know it’s difficult for everyone – players, coaches, staff, donors and fans.

"David knows the goal is to win, and I have faith, as I did the day we hired him, that he will rebuild this program the right way. I know from experience that coaching continuity and upgrading facilities equal to our peers are critical to the building of a successful Power 5 program, which is what we all want.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News