ADVERTISEMENT

Sports radio, Neuheisel story

Kbone

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 21, 2001
De Soto
I was listening to Rick Neuheisel, whether we like him or not really doesn’t matter. But, he was talking about one of his favorite experiences as a coach. He was HC at Washington, they were 4-5, not where they expected to be at that point in the season. Oregon, Oregon State, and Washington State were their last three opponents, and all of them were pretty good teams at that time, WSU was top 10.

He reset expectations, their new goal was to win the northwest. It caught fire with players and fans, people were making home made Tshirts with check boxes. They won the last three games and got to a bowl game (lost to Purdue).

We all had dreams of greatness preseason, we are now 1-4. However, this isn’t a bad team getting blown out by 30 points every game. This is a pretty good team losing close games on mistakes and poor decisions.

As HCLL had said in more than one press conference, some of this is fixable. The real question now is will we make fixes and can this staff “reset” this team like Neuheisel did at Washington.

I sure hope so, because I have been going to games for decades, good or bad, and I am not quitting now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.