ADVERTISEMENT

Something interesting on Carter Stanley's highlights

esuStorm4Hawks

Hall of Fame
Gold Member
May 1, 2007
As I am sure everyone was doing during their lunch break today, I was re-watching Stanley's clips and there was a very interesting sequence of plays...

At the 2:07 mark, you see a WR bubble screen with 3 wide to a side, with one WR dropping back to get the screen, one WR blocking, and another WR going deep from that 3 wide set.

The next play at the 2:14 mark, you see a similar formation and the WRs do the same thing, but it was a pre-designed QB sneak.

At the 2:31 mark, you see a similar formation but this time with 4 WRs to a side, with one WR dropping back for a screen pass, one pretending to block, and two going deep where they fake the screen pass and he goes deep with the pass.

So you are looking at 3 similar sets with 3 completely different options - either a screen pass, the QB throwing deep, or a QB keeper...

I find that interesting because one mystery about this team's offense this upcoming season is the "twist" Coach Beaty said when he was hired that he would be adding to the Air Raid. Part of me wonders if it is the implementation of two TE sets commonly in the offense, but it has been mentioned on here there will be some QB run game in the offense, of which would make it a pretty unique offense.

If that is the case, I bet we see a similar set of plays to the above - the ability to have a WR screen, deep pass, and QB run out of the same essential play could be very hard to defend...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News