ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Update Some thoughts from the June 5th Elite Camp

JK

Hall of Fame
Staff
May 29, 2001
Overland Park
I have always like David McComb's film but watching him in person made me more a fan. First thing is he is bigger than what he plays on film. He's a legit 6-foot-3 and he's not a small guy. He's built well. He showed some arm strength in intermediate throws. I didn't see the drills if they cut loose and threw long, but he has the arm and the body.

I was bummed I didn't get to see his brother camp because I heard he was injured and couldn't go through camp. I was talking to few people and that's an issue for this time of the year. A lot of players started team camps with the high school. Then a lot of them are trying to get out to multiple college camps and it is tough on the body. I heard from some people today there were players borderline injured and they were concerned going through camp could hurt their performance.

I talked to one person who said they have a QB who is throwing at team camp, then with a private instructor and then at football camps they are attending. And the arm is already sore.

There are a couple players who really caught my attention. One is OL Andrew Williams an OL from Kirksville, MO. He's a big boy and I thought he moved well. I wouldn't be surprised if he got an offer. I think life is about to move fast for him because he is a 2025 recruit and already picked up recent offers. I would assume he will start setting visits for June.

Another player who stood out was LB Joseph Credit from Pearland, Tex. He has offers from Ole Miss and Oregon State. Chris Simpson was watching him closely.

I will have more later but these were the ones who caught my attention. There are several others to keep an eye on.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News