ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Update Some recruiting updates, Wednesday, May 29th

JK

Hall of Fame
Staff
May 29, 2001
Overland Park
This weekend there will be two visitors in Linkon Cure and Bryce Foster.

I have heard different info that Foster could start his visit on Thursday and other intel points to Friday. But the former five-star OL and starter at Texas A&M is expected to be in Lawrence with his family.

Foster is not talking much and he told me would keep things close to the vest during the recruiting process. The visit to Oregon is expected to take place June 7th. It is still unclear how many teams he is considering but last word I got it was down to three with KU, Oregon and USC. He has already taken an official visit to USC.

---------

Cure will be the only high school visitor and is coming in before the others who are starting their visits the weekend of June 7th. It was the only weekend open on his schedule when he decided to add the Jayhawks.

His brother Leyton is expected to move into his room and report the same day Linkon starts his visit.

From talking with Cure, everyone will have to be patient ride it out because I think he will take all four trips before deciding. I guess he could always surprise people and make a decision before that, but I don't see it.

---------

I talked with LaRue Zamorano yesterday and the four-star corner is looking forward to his visit to KU. I will have more on him later but he said he has been talking with Brian Borland and DK McDonald a lot. He started talking with Jordan Peterson before he left and built a rapport with McDonald when he was hired.

He will start his visits this weekend with Michigan State then USC followed by KU.

---------

Another California recruit who will visit is Jae'on Young. He has been talking with Zebrowski and McDonald. I will have more on him in detail but he talked a lot about his father who has coached him. His father played at Fresno State in the David Carr era.

Young told me he has learned a lot from talking with McDonald. He said Zebrowski was the one who offered him. He is looking forward to his KU visit and said he wants to hear more about the program from the current players.

Young told me he will visit Cal, KU and BC. He said Arizona and USC are also staying on him consistently.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News