ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Update SOME RECRUITING STUFF

shay

Senior Writer
Staff
May 29, 2001
Olathe, Kansas
kansas.rivals.com
Guys have until the 31st to remove themselves from the NBA process. I'm not sure that I actually expect it to happen, but it wouldn't surprise me if Kevin McCullar, Jr., made the decision to return for another year. Just reading a few mock drafts, I'm not sure McCullar, Jr., accomplished what he'd hoped to accomplish throughout the process. My guess is, and this is just a guess, he's going to sit down with family and begin the process of making a decision. A return to Kansas wouldn't surprise me, but again, I don't necessarily expect it.

A name to watch moving forward is Zyon Pullin, the 6-foot-4, 195-pound guard from UC Riverside. This past season, Pullin averaged 18.3 points, 4.4 rebounds, and 4.2 assists per game. Offensively, Pullin shot 48.6 percent from the field, 39.4 percent from behind the arc, and 77.1 percent from the free-throw line. Late last week, I was told that Kansas was in the early stages of the process, but things could ramp up this week, if necessary. It's currently the dead period, but a visit could take place at the end of the week.

Arthur Kaluma, the 6-foot-7, 225-pound forward from Creighton is another player to keep your eyes on this week. Again, a lot of this depends on what happens with Kevin McCullar, Jr. There's talk that Arizona was originally the team to beat, but the Wildcats recently secured a commitment from another player, so the belief is that opened the door for Kansas. His parents are handling his recruitment this time around, so I've reached out and I've also made some other phone calls. Obviously, I'll let you know what I hear.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News