ADVERTISEMENT

Some random observations

hawkinmichigan

Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Feb 6, 2002
- Logan Brown is an NFL guy. He dominated yesterday.

- That was the least imposing line I've seen from KSU in a long time. KU dominated the line of scrimmage on defense, just had one run inside that broke past the linebackers and the outside run to Edwards that was pure speed.

- Our guys were ready to play and played with fire. Lots of skirmishes and talking. I like that we got to this point in this particular season and wanted to take the fight to KSU and think it is dumb that any of our fans are talking down on them for not "earning" the right to talk.

- Skinner drop is going to go down in our history in the same breath as the Rich Miller drop. Simply incomprehensible that guy doesn't make that play.

- Wudke had a really solid game yesterday. Made a lot of plays and blew up plays where he isn't credited with the tackle.

- I know this will get me lynched on here, but I thought Grimes and Borland both called good games overall. Sure, a play here and there that I would have done differently, but on the whole I thought really well called games.

- Marvin Grant on the blitz was a revelation. Got home twice on the fastest QB we will see. Maybe more of that.

- That pansy ass pop pass BS to their tight end drives me crazy. Play real football, you cowards.

- I had a feeling at some point this season that not having a more confident kicker was going to bite our ass, and didn't know when it would happen. That was bad timing. I thought the dagger to my heart was going to be getting in position to make a last second field goal and missing it, but we never got there.

- JD was good, not great. Obvious mistakes. Also some absolute dimes. And ran hard and well. I may be in a minority, but I'd really like to see him back again next year and see what we can do with him with a year in the system.

- I think we should be playing Trevor Wilson over Lawrence Arnold. He's earned it.

- Grimm and Neal are two of the best I have ever seen at KU at their positions, and it is a shame that we can't close out games in their twilight of their careers. I don't think they will be truly and fully appreciated until they are gone.

- I am glad that we have another year with Dean Miller on the weak side. Him, Brooks, Warner--we are going to have a great rotation there and really get pressure on the QB going forward after this year.

- Getting really old to have the better team on the field and not come away with wins. It is almost impossible to have the season we've had this year.

- Finally, I know fans are upset and frustrated--Lord knows that I am too. But I wish our fans responded to things just a little more rationally and less emotionally at times. I mean, I was emotional as heck last night--those of you I was texting with certainly know that. But acting like Leipold suddenly can't coach after everyone agreeing he's the best coach we've had, maybe ever, is ridiculous. He'll figure this out. It isn't going the way we wanted, but it also is impossible to build a program in a day. This part sucks, the sustained winning that I hope comes after won't. And if two years from now we still can't close out a half and are the better team but losing on a regular basis, we can revisit this discussion and you all can shove it in my face. But we look like idiots on social media right now and the Slant isn't a lot better.

- Can't wait to ruin the season for one or both of Iowa State and BYU. I have supreme confidence we win at least one of those games. Still holding out a smidge of hope this next bye week finishes the turnaround and we win out (I know you'll all think I am crazy).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.