ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Update Some predictions for the weekend and what to watch

JK

Hall of Fame
Staff
May 29, 2001
Overland Park
For now the safety position continues to be one to watch and how they will handle it. The word is they were either going to take one or two. I spoke with Brandon Schmelzle and I think if the right chance comes up this weekend and they go after him hard he could commit.

But the question is how do you handle Stephen Miller and Bryson Williams. Then you have the new offer that just went out yesterday to a 2025 safety in Brandon Wilson from SM West. I also heard Schmelzle could project to a LB.

Maybe the biggest two to watch for the commit are Garrett Martin and Adrian Holley. I have been told that TCU is now likely done at DE after getting a commitment. I talked with Martin yesterday and I felt KU was already the leader over TCU. But if TCU backs off that only helps. Martin did say other schools are reaching out. But I feel good about where KU stands with Martin heading into the visit.

My next forecast is likely going to Adrian Holley along with Martin. Holley no longer has Minnesota and I think KU can beat Cincinnati for him.

I will see what other info I come across in the next 24 hours but those are three I am watching close.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News