ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Update Some info from the recruiting trail Nov. 22

JK

Hall of Fame
Staff
May 29, 2001
Overland Park
I think the visitor list for Dec. 8 could approach 20 official visitors. In the last week I have started to confirm some of the targets expected to visit and how their recruiting pictures are shaping up.

Going to start on the defensive side where most of the action has been.

I believe the top two targets at corner are Elmore Hempstead from Fort Scott and Mike Witherspoon from Hutchinson CC.

Hempstead had narrowed it down to KU, Arizona State, Iowa State, and Utah State. He is going to visit KU and could either take one to ASU or Iowa State. I get the feel KU is in the lead. He is a mid year guy.

Witherspoon has been committed to East Carolina but his interest has picked up. He just took an official to Boise State. He's a taller, long corner. He is a mid year grad.

Staying in the defensive backfield I believe two teammates from Hartnell CC in California will visit in Davon Ferguson and Jeremiah McCullough. McCullough, a three-star recruit, is a two time first team all conference safety.

Ferguson is someone who is just starting to get on people's radar because he is a 4X3 player so he is going to get some looks. A coach at Hartnell told me as college coaches start coming through Ferguson is going to get some play because he's 4X3.

Ferguson projects as a free safety but can also play some corner.

Both Ferguson and McCullough are qualifiers out of high school as well and are mid-year grads.

Jeremiah McCullough Tape

KU ready to battle with the Pac 12

5a1661e01cdaa-Jordan%20700.jpg

Jordan will visit Kansas and Colorado

The Jayhawks are going to have to win some recruiting match-ups against the Pac 12.

The first one is with defensive end Jeremiah Jordan, a 6-foot-6, 240 DE who will visit KU and Colorado. He's a physical freak. KU DL coach Jesse Williams got off to a head start with Jordan. He is a mid-year grad.

Then there are two defensive linemen the staff is going to head-to-head on with Oregon. Sione Kava told me he will visit KU on Dec. 8, and likely Oregon the week before. Kava is a 6-foot-6, 260 versatile player who can line up all over the field.

Also on Dec. 8 I expect the newest name I have tracked down to visit in Mohammed Diallo. He's a 6-foot-4, 310 pound defensive tackle who is committed to Oregon. He told me he will set up a visit to KU on Dec. 8. He is a mid-year grad.

There likely isn't room for every recruit who is planning to visit. But I think the staff is getting enough guys on the board and lined up they can have recruits to turn to.

On offense the spots are more limited. Jacobi Lott is a new name the staff is looking at and could offer. This one is interesting because he is a high school OL from Amarillo and he's 6-foot-5, 305. So he isn't like the lean OL in high school KU has recruited. Lott had a great senior season and his newest film just went out and he's starting to pick up interest.

Also don't cross off Clayton Tune completely off the list. If the staff decides to target two QBs I think they could still go back on him.

I am tracking a couple names at linebacker and hope to communicate with guys in the next 48 hours. If I get more info I will post it in this thread.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News