ADVERTISEMENT

Football Thoughts Some bits and pieces I have heard lately

JK

Hall of Fame
Staff
May 29, 2001
Overland Park
Start things off I have heard a lot of positive things coming from adapting to, and adjusting to a new strength staff. I have heard from several people the players love Gildersleeve. One person told me he is very positive and brings a lot of energy the players like. But he also challenges them and has an edge when the time calls for it.

One person said a player told them the workouts have a lot of energy. This person has been through a few different S&C guys and said he likes Gildersleeve's approach the most.

The players have been doing workouts like throwing and drills on their own. The word is Jason Bean is more than just a runner. He actually throws the ball and the word coming in he was mainly a runner but players are saying different. I haven't really heard a lot on breakdowns about other QBs and this will have to be decided in fall camp.

There are two newcomers at receiver I heard about in Tanaka Scott and Kelan Robinson. I have heard Scott is very fast and has been a challenge for defensive backs. Robinson has impressed with his size/speed combo. Early on I get the feel some think Robinson will play this year based off workouts.

One of the biggest moves the staff has made so far is bringing in the players from Buffalo. There are going to be some who start and some who don't. But one of the biggest benefits has been helping bridge the transition with new staff and players. For instance I have heard Rich Miller has been a big help explaining the way Simpson likes things done and how Gildersleeve wants his room to be handled. They have helped get the current players to understand and help faster than if they weren't there. I don't think people know how big of a deal this is.

I think some of the staff is expected back late this week or weekend after getting some much needed time off. This is the time every staff in America takes off because after this it is 100 mph until late December.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News