ADVERTISEMENT

KU Baseball Season ticket split

Silas_Buddy

Senior
Gold Member
Dec 24, 2014
We tried something different this year with our basketball season tickets. We’ve had season tickets for a long time and live in Wichita. The last several years going to so many games in a condensed period was getting a little hard. Having to be at work the next day, rearranging my work schedule, choosing between games and some grandkids activity (those are the hardest to skip) we gave in. I’ve sold many tickets to friends over the years and they would always say “if you ever want to split the tickets ....” so I contacted them as asked them if they were interested but under some conditions. We make a donation each year (not tax deductible this year) in addition to buying the tickets so they would have to pay a portion (1/4) of the donation plus the cost of the tickets they received. To my surprise the first two people I asked said yes. I was thinking more to two way split, but I did not want to back down off my offer, so I told both of them yes. We did the typical fantasy football choosing order with me hitting the first pick. Kansas plays such a great schedule (we counted the exhibition games as one to equal 18 picks), everyone came away happy. We got six games, only had to pay 1/2 our donation, and will not have to travel to Lawrence 3 times in 10 days like in previous years. As I said, what makes this work is KU tough schedule, everyone got several quality games.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News