SCRIMMAGE BREAKDOWN

shay

Senior Writer
Staff
May 29, 2001
Olathe, Kansas
kansas.rivals.com
Hey all,

I’m working on some video now and will have photos as well, but I wanted to take a few minutes to provide you with a breakdown from tonight’s scrimmage. The Crimson team defeated the Blue team, 46-37 on Friday night.

Crimson:

K.J. Lawson scored a scrimmage high 11 points in nine minutes of action for the Crimson team. In all, he was 4-of-6 from the field and connected on 3-of-4 shots from behind the arc. I didn’t expect to see Lawson come out and be so aggressive from behind the arc, but he was on point on Friday night.

Dedric Lawson tallied eight points and pulled down six rebound in the 15-minute scrimmage. He was 4-of-8 from the field and 0-of-1 from behind the arc. Of his six rebounds, four came on the offensive end.

Quentin Grimes and Udoka Azubuike scored seven points each for the Crimson team. Grimes was 3-of-7 from the field and 1-of-4 from behind the arc, while Azubuike was 3-of-6 from the field and 1-of-2 from the free-throw line. Azubuike also pulled down six rebounds, with four coming on the offensive glass.

Elijah Elliott scored six points and was perfect (2-of-2) from behind the arc. I don’t expect him to get a ton of minutes during the season, but he hit a few nice shots from downtown tonight.

Devon Dotson tallied four points and dished out three assists, while Marcus Garrett added three points and one rebound against the Blue team.

Blue:

Lagerald Vick led the way for the Blue team on Friday night. In all, Vick scored 10 points on 4-of-7 shooting from the field and was 2-of-4 from behind the arc.

Silvio De Sousa chipped in eight points and four rebounds, while Charlie Moore and Ochai Agbaji scored seven points each. Garrett Luinstra finished with three points, and Mitch Lightfoot added two points and three rebounds.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News