ADVERTISEMENT

Scholarship count question

hawkinmichigan

Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Feb 6, 2002
Question for the experts that I have been trying to remember how it works on scholarships (so, @JK, @cwobrien11, @JVDBeak'em):

My understanding is that you are maxed out at 25 scholarships that can be given from any one class. My understanding is that you can count some of those forward with things like blueshirts to a prior year's class (which we are doing a lot of with our transfers this year). My vague recollection, though, is that you can also count scholarships backwards, as well (as in, if we had a scholarship or two that we just never used in next year's class, we could use them in 2023 to fill up to 27 or 28 spots if we wanted/needed to). So, two questions on that:

1) Do I remember it right?

2) Assuming the answer is yes, can you only count it forward for the immediately following year? Or could you choose to use the prior year's scholarships first in a given year, if there were extra, and then roll the remainder forward from there? I am thinking about the long-term here, when we have a senior class of like 52, and how we are going to backfill that class--I know we will have some redshirts and transfers to help balance things out a bit, and thought of that as a potential way to at least bulk up a class somewhere down the road a bit with extra players.

I'm probably an idiot, and I definitely am thinking about the future too much.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News