ADVERTISEMENT

Rivals Camp - Jared Hocker

cary_hocker

Preferred walk on
Gold Member
Dec 13, 2015
Richland Hills, TX
JK - saw a post a minute ago where you said Hocker and Polley didn't attend Rivals camp. Jared did in fact attend the Cedar Hills (Dallas suburb) Rivals camp on the 19th of March. My wife went with Jared - I was out of town - and she said Grant Polley wasn't there. Jared isn't invited to or planning on attending any other camps. We were curious about it though, so he went to this one. His pictures on his Rivals profile page are from the camp.

My wife said they had volunteers (parents) measuring kids. They measured Jared at only 193 cm (6' 3") when I know he is already 6' 5" (grown a half inch since January). He currently weighs 296. I have to wonder if a volunteer under-measured or under-reported his height on purpose. Or maybe they are just challenged with reading numbers.

I was very surprised they didn't time the kids on the 40 at the camp. Jared's most recent time (sometime in the last couple of months was 5.32, not great but not bad for his size. How does Rivals get kids' 40 numbers?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.