ADVERTISEMENT

Revisiting the 2015 Class - Offense vs Defense

esuStorm4Hawks

Hall of Fame
Gold Member
May 1, 2007
With the new recruits set to arrive on campus in a few weeks, has anyone's opinions changed about the 2015 class? After re-watching their clips, mine has a little bit.

Specifically focusing on HS guys, who do you think benefits more in this class - the offense or defense? Overall numbers (including JUCOs) had 14 on offense and 10 on offense (not counting Durley, counting Sternberger on offense). Just looking at HS offense and defense it is:

DEFENSE
Dorance Armstrong
Shola Ayinde
Denzel Feaster
Tyrone Miller
Osaze Ogbebor
Shaquille Richmond

OFFENSE
Jeremiah Booker
Aaron Garza
Chase Harrell
Taylor Martin
Clyde McCauley
Emmanuel Moore
Steven Sims
Carter Stanley
Jace Sternberger
Ryan Willis

So the numbers certainly favor the offense. I also think one of Carter Stanley/Ryan Willis will be a multi-year starter at the important QB spot. Then I see a guy like Taylor Martin being a really successful RB, which combined with Stanley/Willis gives this offense a nice 1-2 punch in the backfield. But for the most part, I see a lot of these guys playing backup roles.

But after re-watching the clips, I actually give the edge to the defense. I think everyone of these guys has a legit shot at being a multi-year starter, with Dorance Armstrong being the headliner. Feaster looks like a LB to me size wise, but I am hoping he sticks at safety. Ogbebor has the tools and athleticism to be a solid LB, just needs some experience and to adjust to the speed. Then the trio of DBs - all three of these guys will be contributors at some point in time, IMO. Plus I am curious if Sternberger and Steven Sims gets moved to defense. The other caveat here is that I think this defensive class really complements the guys from the previous class with the trio of DTs, Watson, Ehambe, and Boateng.

Now in the end the impact of Stanley/Willis and Martin may over shadow what these accomplish on defense, but I think we see more starts from this group on defense even though it is a smaller number.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News