ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting

KUhawks34

Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Dec 29, 2006
There is no question the NOA and all the media talk is hurting our recruiting. At KU we should want the 5 star kids all day any day. I’ve always thought we should recruit the 5 stars and mix it in with programs guys. That is pretty much what we’ve done under Self.

right now getting the top tier kids might be unattainable for the most part for the next class or two.

not getting 5 stars means we aren’t getting the elite immediate impact talent. We lose a lot of depth after this season. Too early to tell but I think Silvio and Ochai coming back is a real possibility.

let’s pretend Dok Dotson Ochai and Silvio are gone although I don’t think that happens. We have a huge void to fill. This recruiting class is important. Again I want us to shoot for 5 stars but this class we especially need to make sure we land guys who are going to be here for awhile. The next couple classes will be iffy and if we can get 4 star type talent that will be here the next few classes we won’t miss a beat for the next couple years despite our front of the line recruiting struggles.

Many times those 4 star guys don’t have the ego that the top 10 guys gave meaning self can really break them down and build them up over time.

Todd is a better player than Gethro right now. But for the long haul getting Gethro and other 4 stars is going to workout really well for us.

harris, Garrett, Wilson, Braun, Enaruna, Lightfoot, McCormack is actually pretty good start and will take coaching and develop.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News