ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Update Recruiting Updates- Monday, Sept. 26- 2:45 p.m.

JK

Hall of Fame
Staff
May 29, 2001
Overland Park
B.J. Canady is becoming a regular at KU events. Canady attended the spring game and also the home opener against Tennessee Tech. But Canady said his best event was the game against Duke.

"The visit was great most definitely my favorite game day visit I’ve been on so far," Canady said. "The atmosphere at the Booth was amazing. There was a lot of energy from the fans and everything was electric and that’s something I look for when choosing a school."

Canady has followed the KU football program for a long time and enjoyed following the start of the 2022 season. He is looking forward to watching them the rest of the year.

"KU being 4-0 is amazing," he said. "I watched almost all of the KU games growing up and seeing KU playing like this now is amazing. Being from Topeka everyone use to talk about how Kansas was the laughing stock in college football but now it is a new era and I haven’t heard anything like that. I’m looking forward to watching KU as the season goes on."

-------------------

Kyle Rakers made the trip from Iowa to watch the Jayhawks play Duke. Rakers, an offensive lineman from Dowling High, in West Des Moines said the coaches showed him a lot of attention.

"Just sitting with my family we had a constant rotation it seemed of coaches coming to talk to us which really me feel wanted and at home," Rakers told Jayhawk Slant. "The fans were absolutely electric. The stadium was jumping and it was great environment for my first time to Lawrence."

Rakers holds an offer from the Jayhawks and was offered by Iowa State earlier this month. He likes what he has seen from Leipold and his staff since taking over the KU program.

"I loved seeing all the fan engagement going on," he said. "I’m super impressed with what Coach Leipold and his staff have done with the program in the last wo years and I really hope they will stay in Lawrence."

He is looking forward to watching the Iowa State game.

"Another thing I’m super excited for in their game next week vs. Iowa State," he said. "I think that will be a good challenge and an exciting game that should be a fun one."

When the game was over Rakers went back into the facility to get a tour and met with the coaching staff.

"Also after the game we went back into the football facility and checked out the weight room which impressed me a lot and we also had another chance to talk to the coaches," Rakers said. "During this my family and I had a good conversation with Coach Fuchs which meant a lot to me."

----------------

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News