ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Update Recruiting Update- Dec. 8 @ 4:15 p.m.

JK

Hall of Fame
Staff
May 29, 2001
Overland Park
Okay we are at the halfway point of the week and there are two more days of coaches being on the road.

Here are things I have tracked down and other tidbits I am hearing.

The staff was scheduled to meet Eriq Gilyard at his home in Florida today. I believe Leipold and Simpson were two of the coaches scheduled to be there. Gilyard told me he would announce on Dec. 17.

They have been showing interest and a lot of contact with Cornell OL Hunter Tourzad but I really think he is going to be a tough get. Ianello has met with him but he is a May grad. I think by the time January rolls around and some schools missed on their OL targets everybody is going to be all over him.

From what I can tell Leipold went from meeting Gilyard to see Mike Smith who is committed. Smith said he will visit this weekend.

I heard Jim Zebrowski has been flying all over to see 2023 QB recruits and by the end of the early period he will have visited the schools of their top QB targets for 2023. I believe a couple of the stops were in Illinois, Colorado, and California.

And I have a new name I am tracking. A source who covers Ohio State told me a coach from KU met with Craig Young a LB who went in the portal. He played in all 12 games for Ohio State and had 15 tackles, 1 INT and a forced fumble. This person felt Young would have competed to be the in the LB rotation at Ohio State.

I posted this morning Sevion Morrison will take a visit. There is part of me that says if could possibly get him they pass on Hassan Hall and not wait for what he had to say. He still has two visits left and my guess if they can get a commitment from one of them, they take the first one.

GCCC OL Isaiah Adams still has not told me where he will take a visit this weekend and said it was narrowed down to Illinois and Liberty.

This is what I came up with today. If I get any more this evening I will be back to report.

If you have any questions fire away.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News