ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Update Recruiting Intel: New official visitors, Mother's Day update

JK

Hall of Fame
Staff
May 29, 2001
Overland Park
Happy Mother's Day to all the mom's out there.

Here is the latest info I have been tracking with the coaches being on the road last week. Lee's Summit North and four-star wide receiver prospect Isaiah Mozee told me he will take an official visit to KU on June 7th. Mozee, who committed to Oregon is also supposed to visit Missouri in June.

Mozee has been to campus several times. The Jayhawks are getting some added help from Brandon Shelby being on staff who knows the family. I think in the end it will be hard to pull Mozee away from Oregon and other places recruiting him. His father Jamar, was the head coach at LSN, but has taken a position on Gus Malzahn's staff at UCF.

KU is beefing up the first weekend of June with wide receiver prospects. Three of the top prospects on the board are expected to visit including Mozee, Jalen Cooper, and Jackson Cook.

Cook told me he will visit on June 7th and Terry Samuel has been recruiting him. He will visit UConn and has offers from Appalachian State, East Carolina, Indiana, Maryland and several others.

Cooper is a four-star recruit and many thought Oklahoma State was the leader. But word is the Cowboys may have filled up with three WR commits already on the board. This is why I have said you have to wait until the early visits play out because some players who might have had KU sitting in their top three or four but have moved them up because other schools filled up.

I think there is some momentum building for Brock Heath to schedule a visit possibly looking at June 7th, but I have not confirmed it with him. For now I am penciling in a visit. It would at the least, give KU a chance to sell him more and continue to build a relationship with him.

A new visitor to the list is Stephen Miller a safety from Georgia. He told me he will visit will be June 7th. He picked up early offers from LSU and West Virginia among others. He will visit KU and Mississippi State in June.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News