ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting board continues to evolve

hawkinmichigan

Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Feb 6, 2002
Not at all surprised to see Chad Gasper commit to Florida this weekend and assume he will not be taking his official visit.

But I was shocked to see Trey Boyd commit to Northwestern today, especially with no OV in the works with them. Figured that was a three horse race and Northwestern wasn't one of the horses. Hate to lose out on that kid.

Clear emphasis emerging on getting as many high quality receivers on campus as early as possible in the month, hopefully with the idea of letting them fight it out for spots on that first weekend. I don't really think Mozee is attainable but the fact he is still visiting makes me at least intrigued. Cooper is the one that I really want there--a different element than we've had at receiver recently with him. I'd expect another receiver or two to come on OV at some point besides who is on the board right now. I don't think the staff is going to bank on just Jackson Cook and Gabe Daniels as our only other options if we strike out with Shelton, Mozee and Cooper.

The other area that we obviously will need to add names to the board now is offensive line. With Boyd committing, we have no one scheduled for an OV right now. Heath may come on an OV, but Kirby makes it sound like the ship has sailed on him. Kopp obviously will visit at some point, too. But we need to get a few guys into the program as freshmen every year, in my opinion.

Linebacker, by contrast, is an absolutely stacked group of players coming on visits. Curvey is awesome, and go check out the offer lists for Cunningham, Thatcher and Holloway.

Only a few weeks until the flurry of commitments after each weekend start back up. Can't wait.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News