ADVERTISEMENT

Off Topic Recruiting Advice

jhawkerg

Redshirt freshman
Gold Member
Nov 16, 2001
Looking for advice for my son who is a senior this year and is trying to decide between playing basketball or football in college. His first love is basketball but he has a better chance for a higher level offer in football due to his body frame ( 6’3” 215). He’s only played football since freshman year and this is only his second year as TE/ receiver.

I can’t take claim for his athleticism, even though I’m “dad”, I’m not his biological father ( his dad played football for OU). So I have no experience playing sports in college, I’ve only heard what a grind it can be and I imagine you have to really love it to make it through.

We’re trying to be patient with the process and just looking for advice on anything we can do to get his name out there more? He’s created weekly highlight videos after each game and tweeted them out.

He is an excellent student and has gotten some interest from some Ivy League ( Brown and Dartmouth) schools, which he visited for both basketball and football this summer. He has recently received some “gameday” invites from Missouri Western, Pitt State, William and Jewell.
If there are any parents of kids who went through this process or better yet any coaches that would be willing to PM meC I would greatly appreciate it!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News