ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Update Recruit Reaction: Iowa State updates- 5:17 p.m.

JK

Hall of Fame
Staff
May 29, 2001
Overland Park
There was a time when Syncere Safeeullah didn't know if he could make the visit to Kansas for the Iowa State game.

With Hurricane Ian in Florida he said he had to get out early. He said his area ended up being okay, but he did leave. That gave him the chance to visit.

"The visit was amazing, the coaches were cool and very interactive with me and my family," he said. "The commits were nice to talk to as well."

This was the first time he has attended a KU game and liked the atmosphere and the good start the Jayhawks are off to this season.

"The atmosphere was crazy," he said. "It was nice to see the fans so fired up and passionate about the team. The 5-0 start is proof of the work ethic of the players and the coaches pushing them hard at practice. I like how even through adversity they kept fighting."

------------------

The next update comes from a prospect who knows all about the KU football program. Hank Fuchs, a 2024 OL from Free State, is the son of KU's OL coach Scott Fuchs.

Fuchs has been around the program several times but something that stood out to him was listening to Travis Goff speak to recruits.

"I loved the visit and it was very well set up and run," he said. "I loved being able to talk to all of the coaches, it felt much more personal than some other visits I’ve been on. As well as hearing Travis Goff talk was very cool.

"There was never a moment I was not having a good time. Being around the program is so much fun, especially with all of the hype. The program is doing so well and you can’t help but get excited for the players and coaches and all of the fans too."

"The atmosphere around the game was absolutely amazing," Fuchs said. "The atmosphere versus Duke was amazing as well. It’s so awesome to see how supportive the fans are. They have stuck through so much and it’s so great for them to be able to experience something as special as this."

Fuchs said being the son of the offensive line coach gives him a closer idea of what the program is really like. He felt they would turn it around but was not expecting it to happen this fast.

"The team has been very impressive and very fun to watch," he said. "The offense looks amazing and they are playing very good football. Minimal mistakes on both sides of the ball and they all feed off of each other. Starting 5-0 still feels unreal, if someone had told me that we were going to start 5-0 I would not have believed it. I knew that the record would come eventually but I didn’t expect it to be so soon."

------------------
Isaiah Kema is going to be someone to watch and I think he could be in line for an offer. The word I get is the staff liked his size and he's high on the radar.

He made the trip from Texas for the game.

"The visit was great I felt like the recruiting staff did a great job and there was a lot of contact," Kema said. "Every question I had was answered well and they were very friendly."

Kema knows about the KU program after living in Lawrence and his dad was part of the KU administration. His father took a job at Texas Tech after Kansas and now is at Texas A&M. He was impressed with the crowd.

"The fans were great and it was an amazing environment, everyone was on their feet every third down," he said.

He has been following the team from the start of the season.

"I am so excited for the great start that they have had and can’t wait to see them continue to succeed," he said. "My dad used to work for the KU football program when Beaty was here and I know how hard it has been so I am so happy to see their success. It was great being back in Lawrence and seeing friends and the town and everything. Made me feel at home for sure."

-----------------------

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News