ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Update Recruit Reaction: After the Duke win, Sun- 11:50 a.m.

JK

Hall of Fame
Staff
May 29, 2001
Overland Park
Daniel Kaelin already holds an offer from the Jayhawks and the 2024 quarterback prospect was at the Duke game.

"The visit was great, it’s the first time I’ve been to a game at Kansas and I had a good time," he said. "The energy in the stadium was electric and the fans were super involved."

Kaelin who holds several offers including Minnesota, Florida State, Missouri, Michigan State and several others. He got a chance to meet with the coaches on his visit.

"I got to talk to coach Zebrowski for awhile and he told me he’s loved how I’ve been playing this season so far and wants to keep in touch every week," Kaelin said. "I got to talk to coach Leipold as well and he was happy I was able to make it back to campus for the game."

We will have much more from Kaelin in the upcoming days.

---------------

Go ahead and put this name on your watch list. Jayden Woods from Mill Valley is a 2025 DE prospect and is loaded with talent. He visited for the Duke game.

"It was an amazing visit, the program was amazing I enjoyed every minute of it," Woods said. "The atmosphere was unreal, I heard it was about 40,000 fans, I could feel the energy in the stadium."

Woods left Lawrence with his first offer.

"I think the team is doing a great job," he said. "They earned the 4-0 start all through hard work and that’s the only way to do it. All the coaches were amazing, and I was very humbled and blessed to receive the offer, KU is an amazing school."

-----------------

I caught up with Red Martel, a RB from Oklahoma who picked up an offer from the Jayhawks earlier this month.

"I absolutely loved the environment and being around the program. I definitely will be coming back to visit. It is a special place to be and i think i will fit well."

I asked Martel about the crowd and atmosphere.

"The atmosphere was crazy, and the love from the fans was amazing," Martel said. "I can definitely see myself playing in front of them."

He will be one of the top running backs in the Oklahoma 2024 class. He has been following the team and the start they are off to.

"The team is doing really great this year," he said. "I honestly see them winning the Big 12. They’re incredible teammates and have wonderful coaches."

Martel said he spoke with Jonathan Wallace, Brian Borland, and Lance Leipold before the game.

---------------

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News