ADVERTISEMENT

Off Topic Real Life Advice Needed

begley9

All-American
Gold Member
Oct 17, 2010
Alright fellas - I'm trying to decide about a potential job offer (Used to work for a sister company in Dallas, so feel decent about the chances) in KC vs continuing to be self employed and I just keep flipping back and forth. I bring this to the football board because I feel like this side is more genuine.

If I got into what I do currently on here, it would be annoying to explain, but to keep it simple, it can either be great or awful as I only make what I produce. Producing is not so much what I'm worried about, it's the market of folks I work with. The market I work is very tough to get into but I thankfully have some really good connections, just not nearly as strong as some special interests at force that can shut me out. I could make $200k plus this year if things continue to pace out but there is constantly the thought of it not working out at all.

If I take the job in KC, I'm essentially restarting but would be making about $70k in the role I would be filling with potential to move up within 1-3 years where the money is supposed to be closer to 150k a year. I live in Dallas and the cost of living difference isn't huge, but $70k gets you much further in KC without all of the egos to keep up with. Plus, friends, family and such are up there.. and of course, KU...

So, I continue to have this internal fight about whether I'm giving up on something lucrative but risky versus conservative with the plus side of being practically home. I feel like I'm young enough (Almost 29) to take risk, but getting old enough I need to secure myself in a career.

Thank fellas

For you time:
84828163.jpg

84828173.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News