ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Update Quick Sunday night update after visits

JK

Hall of Fame
Staff
May 29, 2001
Overland Park
I posted a story on DJ Warner and right now it is hard to predict much. I do think KU has as good a shot as anyone. But he has to talk to family and coaches and go over everything. I think it is a three-team race with KU, Washington and Texas.

Temerrick Johnson is someone I believe the staff made some inroads but he has played his recruiting close to the vest. Oklahoma State is going to be a big player in this one. But I'm not counting out KU until I know more.

Will wait and see what Carter Lavrusky brings when he arrives home. He sounded like a recruit who might want to take visits in the fall because KU was his only trip and he picked up several offers to start the month. But I think KU sits in good shape with him.

I think Willie Goodacre is 50/50. I know talking to a source the Syracuse coaches feel confident. But he has not given KU or Syracuse a silent verbal yet. A lot of recruits will do that and then announce days later.

I don't expect to hear anything from Tyler Simmons for a couple weeks. He has made it clear that he will likely not announce until early to mid July. I think the Jayhawks will have a shot at him.

I haven't heard any news on the visits to Iowa by Chima Chineke and Joseph Anderson. One source told me they felt Iowa would push for Sunday commitments but I don't know that happened.

Dakyus Brinkley ended up taking a late visit to SMU. He's very difficult to read and I think he could even possibly take his recruiting into the fall. When I have talked to him I don't get the sense he has any urgency to decide. He has confidence he will have a spot somewhere even if he waits.

The feel I have got all along with Elias Williams is he would stay close to home. But this weekend I talked to someone that thinks several schools are still in play. He finished his Missouri visit today.

This coming week we will know where things are for sure with Goodacre, Johnson and Warner because they are announcing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News