ADVERTISEMENT

News and Notes Practice Observations: Tuesday, April 9th

JK

Hall of Fame
Staff
May 29, 2001
Overland Park
I watched the RB group and damn is Harry Stewart put together. He's built like a rock. That group is so deep it will be interesting to see how it plays out with carries and redshirts this fall. While Stewart's name comes up a lot haven't much about Red Martel. I know there have been a couple practices I haven't seen him.

Watching the OL the biggest thing I am looking for is center. Based off what I have heard and seen I think the slight edge right now goes to Mike Ford. Let's say that were to happen it gives a fewer options for the interior. Now, if Ford does end up winning the job at center keep an eye on Nolan Gorczyca. Hearing he is having a good camp and will challenge for the left guard. Kobe Baynes is in good shape at right.

I thought Daniels moved around well at practice and had intermediate throws with velocity. I don't think he has done much in the way of scrimmaging this spring but doing a decent amount of one-on-one and 7v7.

The injury to Hanika is unfortunate because I heard multiple times he was having a great spring and was emerging as the best pass catching TE. He's got the size and ran well. Plus he had experience in the Big 12.

Damon Greaves was having a great day punting the ball. I don't know if it was luck or not, but about 90% of his punts died on the landing. Some went backward and a few others went sideways. He had good height and every one landed inside the 10-yard line except for one that went backwards.

A new twist to watch in punt return Cobee Bryant was back to return today. I haven't seen him doing much punt return this spring until today.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News