ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Update PORTAL TALK: MIGHT KU LOOK TO ADD MORE THAN ONE TRANSER?

shay

Senior Writer
Staff
May 29, 2001
Olathe, Kansas
kansas.rivals.com
At this point, I think the ship has sailed with Mosley. I know he plans to decide quite soon and I haven't heard Kansas mentioned at all lately. I really thought that Mosley would be the guy for Kansas, but I'm not sure how hard the staff pushed to get him on campus for a visit and things of that nature.

There was a report out this weekend that Tyrese Hunter plans to visit Texas this week and Kansas next week. Originally, or at least this is what I was told, he was going to visit either Kansas or Louisville for his final visit. It sounded like Louisville was going to get the final visit, but Texas made a move and secured what I thought would be the final visit. Now, at least from what I've read, and I'm trying to confirm, the plan is to visit Kanas and Texas before reaching a final decision.

Lastly, and I've reached out to this father, but if Kevin McCullar, Jr., removes his name from the NBA draft process, you can bet that Kansas, from what I've been told, will make a strong push. When McCullar made the decision to transfer, he said the plan was to decide between Kansas and Gonzaga if remaining in the draft wasn't an option. If he doesn't remain in the draft, look for Kansas to push ard to add the former Texas Texas Red Raider to its roster.

Now, as most of you know, Kansas doesn't currently have any scholarships to offer. If Christian Braun decides to return, which I don't see happening, that will remain the same. However, if Braun keeps his name in the draft, Kansas will have one scholarship to offer. If Jalen Wilson keeps his name in the draft, the staff will have two scholarships to offer, which I absolutely don't see happening. I firmly believe that Wilson will return.

I've got no idea how it will work, but don't be surprised if the staff tries to add both Hunter and McCullar to the roster. Really, I just don't see Braun coming back at all. So, as I mentioned above, that will leave the staff with one scholarship to offer. Where the second scholarship would come from, potentially, I've got no idea.

Just something to keep an eye on moving forward.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News