ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Update Players still on the board- Thursday, July 7th

JK

Hall of Fame
Staff
May 29, 2001
Overland Park
Things are winding down but there is still a little work to do.

There are still prospects to follow and some who have yet to make their intentions known publicly.

Today Xavier Porter will announce on Saturday and I think he will pick Louisville. That will take him off the board.

Also Chima Chineke has yet make anything public but the word is he leaning heavy to Iowa. I still don't think he has a decision date to announce.

Two defensive lineman are still on the list with Tyler Simmons and Elias Williams. Here's a note on Williams word I got is he is right at 260 pounds and the staff has him targeted as someone who can move inside. Williams told me KU is still under consideration but we won't know more until he camps at Florida State. He wants that offer from the Seminoles.

Simmons is still in decision-mode. I believe KU is in good shape and near the top of the list but I don't know how a possible late unofficial visit could impact things.

I still don't feel comfortable laying any money down on Nick Marsh's landing spot but there seems like a lot of steam building for Michigan State.

I heard the KU coaches spoke with Boganowski this week and are still in the mix. The belief is he's focused on three schools Kansas, OU, and KSU. I said this several times since his official visit but I think the Jayhawks made a strong impression on him. The feel going into official visits with most was Oklahoma is the team to beat. I don't know if that has changed because he has kept things quiet on that end.

I have a little scoop on a new recruit to put on the radar. Ernest Campbell a four-star WR confirmed to me today he will take an official visit to KU this fall. I will know more when we talk. Although there isn't a spot for a WR they would take Marsh if they can get him. It looks like Campbell would be in this same category.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News