ADVERTISEMENT

OT - Gout

blueblood8

Junior
Gold Member
Aug 9, 2004
Any of you turkeys deal with or have had gout?

I get a flare about once a year and it stops me in my tracks. Usually hits the big toe but have also had it in my wrist. This time around it is in my toe, arch of my foot and heel.

If you have dealt with this, what do you do? I’m pumping Advil and slamming water but really just have to ride it out. Have some Vicodin from the dentist and thinking about popping some but those don’t have much anti-inflammatory effects I don’t think. Doc said something about colchicine and allopurinol if flares continue but I don’t want to get on a lifelong med like allopurinol if I don’t have to.

Obviously triggers have to be looked at. I don’t drink beer or wine (two major culprits) of booze but I do have a nightly cocktail. Seafood and red meat also trigger and I don’t do much seafood but red meat would be a hard task to cut out. Stress is another factor I have read and something I need to focus on with work, etc..

Anyways, just seeing if anyone deals with this crap and what you do to ride out the pain or if anything you have found speeds up the process of getting rid of the pain. Literally a bedsheet grazing your toe sends you to the moon with pain, let alone trying to be functional on your feet all day.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News