ADVERTISEMENT

Only one game but some good and some bad.........

KUFED

Freshman
Gold Member
Mar 8, 2013
The wide receivers looked like the real deal. After one game, Parchment looks like an all Big 12 type. Charlot's route running was really good. They need to block better tho.
Herbert will play on Sundays. Dom Williams looked good. Pooka coming back is great but...
The O-Line has to play better. They looked slow footed to me all game. Some snaps the ISU D-line was moving before KU. I am hoping this is a matter of thinking about instead of reacting to the play call. We have big boys now, so plow the road. Every team will put 8 men in the box to stop the run. so...
I am on record about the QB. I do think that Stanley has a much better chance to succeed out of a pro set than the spread. He doesn't have an arm, so play action off of a successful run game gives him the best chance to succeed. Having TE's and a FB to get out in the flat and 5 to 8 yards over the middle is his best shot to be consistent. Of course you have to be able to hit a five yard dump off to the RB too!
The defense was a pleasant surprise. We are so small up front and don't have any depth. Terry didn't play in the first half and I wonder why. He is raw but he got push up the middle. KU just doesn't have the horses to go toe to toe against the run this year. I expect to see a lot of stunts, slants and run blitzes going forward.
Our team speed on defense is very good. The flow to the ball was excellent and our tackling was much, much better.
The secondary looked decent. The two Int's were balls thrown right to our guys but they made the plays. There were too many wide open receivers and once again on the 3rd and three's, our CB's were 8 to 10 yards off the line.
There was one peculiar coaching call on defense I didn't get. On ISU's long TD pass to take the lead, KU went Tampa Two with a zone drop off the line, only rushing two guys. ISU had all day to throw and our DB's were not organized in the back end. It was the only time I saw that defense called.
PK's make the friggin extra point!!!!!!!!!!!! That sounded like a shank with a PW.
Week one to week two. This is where I expect to see the difference between Miles and the prior staffs. Fix the problems and come out better this week!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News