ADVERTISEMENT

One way to look at next year

esuStorm4Hawks

Hall of Fame
Gold Member
May 1, 2007
I think we would all agree that we should be better in 2016 than in 2015. Maybe I should knock on wood when I say that, but when I look at this current team compared to what we could have next year it seems pretty obvious because of the roster and the schedule for next year.

With the roster, we could return nearly 20 starters next year. I would say the seniors that are most likely to start this upcoming season are at RB, Larry Mazyck, Ben Goodman, and Tre Parmalee. We will be replacing Parmalee with LaQuvionte Gonzalez, Mazyck with Joe Malanga, we have bodies at DE, an Kinner/Martin will be a year older. So I don't think we will have much of a drop off from losing guys next year, and thus should be better.

I also think the schedule is more favorable next year. We will play Ohio at home, noting Solich is 70 years old and Ohio has been just OK the past couple of seasons so wouldn't be surprised if they make a change with another OK season this year. I get the gut feeling that Justin Fuente will leave Memphis after this year, so they could suffer from that. Plus we get ISU at home next year, of which again Rhoads is on the hot seat and am not sure he survives this season.

So how I am starting to look at this next year is that however many wins we get this year, I expect 2 to 3 more wins next year. If we only win one game this year, I am expecting 3 to 4 wins next year. If we win 2 games this year, I expect 4 to 5 wins next years. If we can match last year's win total, I think we have an outside shot at a bowl game next year...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News