ADVERTISEMENT

Observation re ODL and current state

KJhawk33

All-Conference
Gold Member
Aug 23, 2014
Wisconsin
DL - not sure if he’s on the KU board (should be) or us on his but getting a 2fer type like a Boykins would make this arguably the best group or certainly T3 in B12 along with Gunner Dunn certainly without any question will help KU DL inside and out combined with Caldwell Terry and Burt and the corral of DEs and 2 pt LBs like Staley for ex coming in and on roster - KU would be looking a lot like a Mason team on the DEF LOS .................. yep - Mason esque size and athleticism for 2021 we haven’t seen at KU in a long time - a long time -‘yes game 1 of 2021

if you need something to be excited about the above should be very very compelling for everyone on here to follow over the winter and spring

combine that will all the big physical DBs coming back and in - KU needs a little help in the middle third but they’ll certainly have help up front on the sides and in the back

OL - I fully expect 3 young OL players to start game 1 as FR or SuperFR... if I had to call it now I’d say these are the obvious 4 trees:

Sterns - he’s here in 3 weeks
Cable - already here and seen the bullets fly
Reed - here and just needs to cut some weight
Robinson - on his way and looks the part

Bostick and a Williams + any portal OL transfers would make this an interesting group of 8-10 on the rotation that’s not factoring a kid like a Martinez who gets his first Spring of CFB and off season dev...

why no Jones? Aka Jelly Doughnut needs to show he gets the business side of this level and show up looking like a P5 Center first than play like one - has a ton of work to do but yea he’s around

these 2 position groups will be working with current SC for the first time since he’s been hired all off season

look for some drastic body changes between now and March/April continuing through the summer

I would make it your mission to find out as much info as you can on these 2 groups all off season because we could see a very big step made by the DL and depending on what happens over the next 3-4 months the OL as well

let me repeat - I’m not saying 3-4 years...

im saying 3-4 months

now is the time to lock in and watch these 2 groups like a hawk - in fact I think Kirb should have a running weekly interview with ODL players coaches and the SC guy all winter long from January though April

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News