ADVERTISEMENT

O.T. Zobrist

JJJHWK

Hall of Fame
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
While I agree he is a fine addition, I question whether the Royals needed him for this year. Now if it is the long term solution to put him at second base next year and move Infante, I could begin to understand.

My only concern is giving up Manea. If he stays healthy, he could become very good.

My background thoughts are that the Royals let Gordon walk after this year. Rios is done after this year. You then have Zobrist, Dyson. Orlando and Cain to man the outfield spots. With Mondesi and the outfielder at Omaha who is hitting the ball with some power to work into the mix, I could see us letting Gordon walk, and move Infante just to get rid of the salary. Then you move Zobrist to second, Use the remaining 3 guys plus a couple of guys from the minors to handle the outfield and you can make a real run at Cueto for a rich 4 year deal with very good dollars but no more years than 4.

That process includes keeping Moose, Hosmer, Escobar, Perez and Duffy together as a core for the team. We could be good for the next 5 years just on that lineup and the minor league system.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News